Which Nakamichi to choose?

I have the opportunity to get a very good Nak Cassettedeck 1 or a DR-2. Which one would you choose? And why?
Thanks for giving a newbie some valuable advice.
mickeyblu79
Dragons and 682 can still be had in very good working order, fully serviced for not too stupid money right now.
The 1000zxl and 700zxl not so much! Pretty crazy prices on those pair.
The zx9 is also up there on high prices.

The 682 is probably the best buy out there right now imho.

Plenty of the "lesser" 3 head machines around at very fair money, I acquired my 582 very reasonably for example and for what I want ( to just play back pre recorded tapes) it does its job admirably. 
Strange world.
Took a trip to my LRS this morning, bought a bunch more tapes, I mean $2 each why not!

Anyways at back of shop they sell odd electronics usually bestbuy fodder but I looked anyway.

Not one but two Nak decks, lx3 and bx100 both in great shape.
Yes just 2 head machines but I walked out with the pair for $200 . did I need them, course not , could I use them, of course.

I have the lx3 set up in my second system right now playing Eurythmics.
My problem is that when I use Dolby B or C while recording on a Nak, it does not sound the same on Aiwa HS-PC20 CassetteBoy in my car with Dolby. So I started recording at very high recording levels on my Nak without Dolby and now I do not have any loss of high frequencies and there’s no distortion.  Since the signal-to- noise ratio is so high I don’t hear the hiss. 
Right. With good metal tape you can push Nak, at least better Naks, to 8 or even 9 while recording. I usually do 6 or 7. With Type I and Type II tapes, which I no longer use, it is no more than 5 for me, as recommended by Nakamichi.
I bought a Cassette Deck II of eBay in January for $59.  I’m getting back into all this after 18 years w/out a system and had no real reason for a tape deck other than I’ve always wanted a Naka...

Being from 1990 this isn’t one one of the hard core fan favorites but it blows me away.  The build quality is fantastic and I love how it sounds. :)