which of these four amps for Wharfedale Elysian 4's?

just landed these speakers on a whim and have some local used amps available right now, tight on budget due to cost of speakers and can upgrade to a higher end amp later  .....specs show these as 4ohm 92db  sensitivity,

available to me at the moment

Yamaha A-S2200

Ayre V-5xe

Parasound A21+

Kinki EX-M7

which of those four might work best to start?

please and thanks

audiocanada

I would go with the Ayre,I believe it's the best out of all the amps on the list.

ok, bought the Ayre per the multiple recommendations

bought the Kinki also as seller gave me a good price on matching preamp

thought it would be nice to have both to get a comparison

I think im done here

thanks all

unfortunately importing new into Canada has all kinds fees above and beyond that msrp, those Schiit’s would run around $5400 CAD and the local used amps I mentioned are less than half that and can be re-sold easily for what I will pay

but yeah i get your point, as soon as I have some extra cash will upgrade accordingly

In that event, the Yamaha could be a ’safer’ bet. I had the predecessor A-S2100 for a bit and it is a conservatively rated tubey sounding SS without sacrificing any detail (the kind of detail that is typically lost with regular tube amps). If this 2200 is anything like it, it will play a better role in bringing out the spatial qualities of this speaker. But, the important thing is these higher end Yamaha amps are designed to be very reliable (can take a beating if the prior owner was a amp abusing neandertal) and if it did break...Yamaha techs are good at fixing their amps as good as new without charging you anything much at all (send it directly to Yamaha, not to some local tinker town clown).

The Kinki may not be a good match for this specific speaker. It could make your speaker sound a bit clinical and its spatial qualities could go away. Chifi support may be great/may not be too great (depending) if/when things break.

(facepalm) No such thing happened..... Ayre’s cunning daddy downrated his 8 ohm wattage spec to make it look like it doubled in power at 4 ohms. The audiophile propagandized by doubling miracles got fooled.

I have not heard the Ayre, but based on reputation and its ability to double ts wattage into 4 ohms, that would be my choice.

@audiocanada 

Congrats! After you getting everything set-up to your liking, please share your impressions.

David