Which power cord should you buy first

Which piece of equipment should you first consider upgrading the power cord? And subsequent order.  Power amp, preamp, dac, turntable, streamer 

salc

When I first started, I bought the Amp power cable first. As my system evolved, I Introduced a Saturn Audio 103C power conditioner, and an isolated 20 amp CCT. that power cord from the wall to the PC was critical. then everything plugged into the PC. I purchased a cable for every component after that.

Dac , power cord  the dac being the source provides the music coming in you want this at its best for you cannot correct it down stream .

My experiments show a certain amount of system dependency, but all benefited from power amp being fairly high up the list, afterall.  You are taking a fairly small signal and multiplying it with a voltage / current that you want to be as clean as the small signal you are multiplying.  

+1 for Calvinandhobbes.

cable upgrades on my DAC and Power amps provided different forms of improvement.

my DAC needed filtering to remove harshness and clean up the sound. My amps needed a more open current flow.  My power cables did not work well in my DAC and my DAC cable did not work in my power amps.

if I had to do one first think I would do the DAC cable because that ‘took away bad’ whereas the power cables added good, if that makes any sense.

But that’s in my system, with my electric, etc.

I don’t think I included cables in my profile so for reference:

I have a dedicated circuit for my system.

power cables for monoblocks and preamp are custom cables from Triode Labs/finale audio (maker of my amps)

power cables for DAC are Anticables level 3

If you can tell the difference between switching power cords you are truly a remarkable human being.

I upgraded my power cord cause I feel better when I spend money on equipment. It makes me happy to spend money and that’s why I do it.

I have a Power isolator from transparent. That made me feel even better to spend more money and I think this one probably was helpful.