Who actually heard the Infinity IRS?

I've been looking at the very high value Arion speaker and it's called to mind a vintage speaker, the Infinity IRS.  They are not the same speakers, but honestly I never actually got to even see an Infinity IRS in real life, let alone hear one.

I'm wondering if anyone has or even owns a quad (pair would be wrong) of them could talk about the sound quality and compare to anything today.

erik_squires

Thanks @paradisecom - I don't want " a lot of information"  just wanted to know from people who've actually heard them.  😀

To clarify:  I'm not actually looking to buy a set.  I was just being nostalgic. 

I've heard the Infinity IRS system in two different setups, but I can't recall what series either one was.

The first was a demo by Mike Kay at Lyric in Manhattan, probably around 1980. He was using all ARC electronics and the big Goldmund Studio turntable as a source. It sounded fantastic. That experience got me hooked on Infinitys, and it didn't end  until I bought the IRS Beta system that I'm still using after all these years.

I've also heard the big IRS system in a private home. He used a mix of ARC and Levinson gear, with a SOTA Sapphire turntable and SME V. He also had a big Ampex ATR 2-track with special electronics that I can't recall. That was back in the '90s.

Post removed