Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
The last 5 scag zero turn mowers I had I didn't baby them they ran flat out from day one. Break-in myth still being peddled. 
All of this is subjective right? Is there any data that supports the gain or loss of quality?
Chord company, Moon audio, Morrow cables, etc they all experience break-in for diverse electronic components and cables...

I experience it myself...

We are all deluded....Say those who dont experience it, dont want to experience it ,even if this could be possible, so strong is their faith in their "understanding" of electronics.... Fact cannot pierce blinders....

Debunker are tedious....No explanation can contredict a fact, that is at the basis of many working audio company.... Marketting tactic some say....

But there exist not only the testimonies of many people, customers or designers, but many reasons why break-in can be real ...

https://hometheaterhifi.com/editorial/hi-fi-audio-component-break-in-burn-in-fact-or-fiction/

This article explain some and the writer seems very competent scientist to me....

For sure this prove nothing, but i am a bit tired by the stupidity of cables threads, cables break-in threads and vinyl/digital threads, etc...

A bit of common sense suffice to reach a conclusion....It is useless to create debates about these matters....

Sorry for my rant.... 
Is there any data that supports the gain or loss of quality?
Another one who think that data completely replace reality.....Read the article i just post there is some data that go in the way of the break-in hypothesis....But there is no ABSOLUTE data that will replace reality and the experience of many people for the time being....

Ok i quit for the night... :)

All of this is subjective right?
No not all break-in are subjective experience only, amplifier or dac break-in exist base on the working cycles of some of their electronic components... Read the article....

Good night....