Why is science just a starting point and not an end point?

Measurements are useful to verify specifications and identify any underlying issues that might be a concern. Test tones are used to show how equipment performs below audible levels but how music performs at listening levels is the deciding criteria. In that regard science fails miserably.

Why is it so?
pedroeb
audio 101 for children:

-measurements are essentials to know what we are speaking about and establishing recognized scientific standards designing electronic piece of gear....

- Listenings experiments is the ONLY way to tune and fine tune the quality we ask for and which qualities are IMPOSSIBLE to deduce only from any set of measurements nevermind how big it is and how precise...

Why ?

Because many dimensions are at play which no limited measuring tools in their range of application can take into account simultaneously when what is designed is designed FOR ANOTHER HUMAN EARS....

Then audiophiles and engineers trusting only measurements must be rare birds indeed ....

We are not all zealots of our own tool for sure....And most importantly deaf audiophiles and deaf engineers are very rare species....
@perkri. “Which is why I added Nelson Pass. You don't think he listens to his amps for the final tuning?

From  Stereophile in 2017:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/nelson-pass-circuit-topology-and-end-science... “

Exactly. I have heard this from many high end audio designers and have personally experienced it in auditioning equipment continuously over the last fifty year. I learned within a couple years. It is obvious to experienced high end audio users, designers and sales folks. 
Post removed