Why no “Break in” period?

If people say there’s a break in period for everything from Amps to cartridges to cables to basically everything... why is it with new power conditioners that people say they immediately notice “the floor drop away” etc.  Why no break in on that?

I’m not trying to be snarky - I’m genuinely asking.
tochsii
“Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.” Albert Einstein.
lols I managed to squeeze that in.  And here is mine that even muchas better than that a$$ :-)  and mark my words.

There is no such thing as "mechanical device" or "electrical device".  It only exists in the human mind.

There is no difference in "biological thing" or "non-biological thing".  It only exists in ... oh wait ... damn I run out of hierarchy ... well may be in God's mind.  

Am I a "thing" dreaming of a butterfly or a butterfly dreaming of a "thing" ...

Infinity ... coffee ... morning ... night ... infinity ...

mijostyn
Vinyl I think most of us could pick up by the back ground noise.

>>>>Not to mention the musicality. 🤗

geoff,

>>>>Yes, I know, that’s why I said you or anyone else can’t draw conclusions based on one test. In other words, nobody can. Your argument was a Strawman.

Amazing, you still don't get it.

I wasn't presenting an argument for a conclusion based on the listening results I depicted.   I was asking what type of conclusions rodman thinks HE could draw, and giving variations "do you think THIS is a reasonable conclusion?  Do you think THAT is a reasonable conclusion?"  etc.

You clearly interpreted it as if I were arguing for those conclusions, and trying to diss me for it. 

Sloooow dooooown geoff.  Sloow doown.   I know it's your thing to try to knock everyone down a peg, but it wastes even your own time to end up looking silly by not bothering to understand what your object-of-derision is actually writing.  You aren't going to have any feet left if you keep firing holes in them like this.   Well, unless you like the feeling of shooting your own foot, which also would make sense of your posting here  ;-)

“In the South Seas there is a cargo cult of people. During the war they saw airplanes land with lots of good materials, and they want the same thing to happen now. So they've arranged to imitate things like runways, to put fires along the sides of the runways, to make a wooden hut for a man to sit in, with two wooden pieces on his head like headphones and bars of bamboo sticking out like antennas—he's the controller—and they wait for the airplanes to land. They're doing everything right. The form is perfect. It looks exactly the way it looked before. But it doesn't work. No airplanes land. So I call these things cargo cult science, because they follow all the apparent precepts and forms of scientific investigation, but they're missing something essential, because the planes don't land.[1]” - Richard Feynman
I think the missing element was the "control tower".  And probably some RF radios.  And maybe runway led lights.  

Post removed