Why so expensive??

I'm siting here Looking at amps,preamps,speakers,etc...and wondering why some of this stuff cost so much.Don't get me wrong i have some crazy expensive equipment,but $350,000 for amps' come on give me a break.$100,000 for a pre-amp'please.There is no way in h#%* it cost even close to that for parts and build time.So why???What NUT whould buy something like this?Ohh it's the same Nut that just traded in his '06 lamborgini for a '08.God bless you folks with that kinda of cash.And by the way when your ready to trade up let me know i will take your used equipment for FREE since you blowing your money anyway.
Thanks in advanced for your used equipment..
spaz
i believe wisdom audio manufacturers a stereo system including amplifiers and speakers costing about 1 million.

how many cars can you buy for 1 million dollars (excluding taxes) ?

i think bill gates and warren buffet can order several pairs without concern for the cost.
It's likely that the only people buying at this level are either reviewers purchasing direct from manufacturer at accommodation prices or financial wizzards with lots of practice driving hard bargains.
My interest in the WAVAC would be if it indeed offered performance that no other amp could approach, if it showed the potential of what could be done if price were no object and that the result was really a leap forward in sound quality, a new, significant approach to circuit design, or impentation of new parts that truly made a signficant improvement in amplifier design. If that were the case, then over time we would figure out how to get that level of performance at real world prices. I can't help but suspect that the WAVAC does not really do this, but I've never heard it. Now, it may also serve the purpose of audio jewelry, but I have little interest on that side of the ledger.