Why the hate for mcintosh amps?

Why dont people,like mcintosh? Who motivates this?

so what are the alternatives??
emergingsoul
Wow!!!. Totally unbelievable.   Thank God we have a crap load of different audio manufacturers. Some fantastic some great. Mcintosh have a serious reputation in the hi end audio world for building great sounding and long lasting audio gear which I personally appreciate. I got my money worth. Regardless what negative feedback anyone has to say about mcintosh their name reputation and long term is priceless.  Well I am off to follow the yellow brick rd and asked the mighty wizard for a brain!!
I liken McIntosh buyers to people who buy $300,000 Lamborghinis when they live in New Jersey - or any other place where they get a lot of snow.
A perpetual stage of smugness. I feel sorry for people that attack others based on what they like and do not like. It shows an emotional immaturity and a need to be “different” through proof of physical possessions. It has manifested into the role of the internet “gate keeper” in an attempt to elevate their own decisions in life as superior to others. Sad. 
Later.
People love to hate everything these days.
That's why. 
For me - sound quality + appearance + value = McIntosh. 
I started my McIntosh journey about a decade ago and I haven't looked back. 
I fell in love with McIntosh equipment the 1st time I heard them back in 1974.  I wasn't able to afford anything until 2004.  I will never buy any other amplifier.  The look great, they sound great, and they hold their value.
local tech owns a bunch of vintage mac gear. his system sounds (and looks) exquisite. i've never owned any and probably won't - i've had the opportunity to purchase some of the stuff but even putting the price to the side, the vintage merry go round just isn't for me anymore.

local dealer has the new big boy macs set up all pretty in their hifi room and they look very cool and "serious", but at the end of the day i don't make doctor money, and if i did, there are other brands i'm more interested in. but i'm with you, i don't get the hate - definitely a rolex/harley vibe attached to the brand but all of them are iconic for a reason