Wilson Watt 3/Puppy 2 Loudspeaker

I was tempted by a highly discounted used pair of these, and I know JA gave it a very positive review. However, I’m curious about what Audiogoners who actually own them think. I’d appreciate it if you could share your insights.  Thx.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-watt-series-3-puppy-2-loudspeaker

lanx0003

op at 3k or below that is worth however we have rebuilt wp and you will need to re-foam or replace the four woofers and will probably need to purchase new diffraction foam from Wilson so you will need to spend a decent amount of time and money to referb them 1500 would be my purchase price

also be aware that the original tweeters are discontinued and maybe impossible to source

so unless you are considering the time and expense involved and lack of replacement tweeters I would look for a pair of focal arias plus a sub for a similar but superior sounding serviceable set of loudspeakers

Dave and Troy

audio intellect NJ

If you can scoop them up for a couple grand or so for the pair, and they're in exceptional condition, yes, go for it.  Don't worry, with the right associated equipment and cabling, those babies will sing like a bird.  Happy listening.

The WP3 would make a good mailbox if didn't have the angle. The first I heard was the WP6 and remember hearing the 8 and was impressed with the major advancement at the time. 

I had a pair of Cubs that I miss dearly, one of the best nearfields I've owned. What makes Wilson a legend is the way they tune their products and construction quality, matched components, etc. Lot's of opinions but speakers are perhaps the most subjective part of a sound system.