would you bother?

hey all.i am considering getting into vinyl but don't own a single lp.if it was you in this position would you bother or not?
dicobrazil
Post removed 
Go for it 4yanx! Hopefully, there will be a real shoot-out. I put my money on the big disc.
In retrospect, and if I didn't know better, it may appear that the initial post in this thread was crafted to spark the "conversation" that has followed. I will just leave my challenge out the for anyone who wants to bite.

Funny how those who never post, or vary rarely post, in the section of the 'Gon are drawn into this thread.
as with most of the questions raised in these forums it is left to the individual to decide for themselves what is best.my buddy up the street is into vinyl big time and before any of my components were anywhere near good quality,his system really impressed me.now that our systems are closer together in terms of a fair comparison,another session at his place for a vinyl vs cd comparison would help me decide.just my opinion but it appears within the vinyl arena that upgrading ones arm,cart.,ect makes it all the more appealing.a person can go with vpi or rega,start slowly and relatively cheaply and as funds become available,upgrade without having to replace the unit completely.