X250.5 compared to Naim Nait5i

Hi guys,

I am new to higher end audio. At present I have a Naim Nait 5i, Cambridge Azur 840 c (CD player) and Dali Ikon 7 speakers. Will running a Pass X 250x along with a Parasound JC2 with these speakers make a big difference to the sound?
I also plan to get a pair of Magnepan 1.6s and I am guessing those with the above equipment would be a big improvement.......what do you think?

I have nothing to compare all this with since my last system cost a total of about $500 - Cambridge Soundworks...(I know) but I am amazed with the sound I have now, however, the high notes on the Ikon 7s tend to be irritating and shrill, almost like having a referee blow his whistle in my ear (is this what you guys mean when you say the highs are a bit "forward"?). I have tried laying carpet in front of the speakers (I have hard floors) and it helps a bit. My dealer told me to hang a piece of tissue over the tweeter but I think there has to be a better fix than that.
Any info regarding the above would be greatly appreciated.
Fantastic site and forum by the way.
Thanks a lot
thomastrouble
Yes, it will be a big improvement. I am a Naim fan, but moving to separates costing 7-8 times the cost should yield improvement, and it will. But it may also cause you to appreciate some aspects of your Nait even more. It is a very musical piece of gear, regardless of price. But in the areas of detail, smoothness, soundstaging, etc, you will get a big upgrade.
The PASS will make everything peachy keen. And wait till you add those 1.6's. You will have no need for sleeping pills again.
Thanks for the replies so far guys. To the guy (Vandermeulen) who mentioned sleeping pills - on the smaller system I have now (Naim, Dali Ikon 7s etc) I already can hardly make it to bed before 4am!

I have the Maggies coming Monday, the Pass later in the week with some better cables and ICs, one concern I have is will the Parasound JC2 pre-amp be a good match for the Pass Labs?
I would say yes. I have yet to pair a pass .5 with any pre and not find it pleasing to say the least. What cables?