Your favorite musical non fatiguing speakers?

I've been auditioning speakers in the $5k to $8k range. I liked some of the Dynaudio, Sonus Faber, and even B&Ws in that range. Maybe it was the setup but in the back of my mind thought all of these could sound exciting but also fatiguing long term. And I'd hate to spend that kind of doe with that being the case.

I'm looking to use a solid state Cary amp and the tubed Cary SLP 05 pre for electronics FWIW.

From other threads I'm hearing Proacs Joseph Audio Aerials Harbeth and others may fit the bill. What are your favorite speakers for musicality and lack of listening fatigue? I'll be traveling to the next state to audition more next week.
larrybou
Nice Larrybou, when do you expect to have them? I worked my way through the Verity line starting with the Tamino, awesome speaker. After that I made several mistakes/progressions with Totem, Devore, Zu, etc.

Next I listened to a pair of Fidelio Encores at a local shop that I love, Goodwin's High End, in Waltham, MA, and knew I had to get back to the Verity line again. I bought them. A couple years later they had a pair of used Parsifal for sale and I took the hour ride to get them. The rest is history. I think I'm done unless I hit the lottery or downsize. I don't play the lottery.

I have worked for a few dealers over the years and have had Wilson, Devore, Magico, and Rockport speakers in my house. For my space and budget the Verity's are the best. I'd be a Rockport owner if I had a big room and big budget. There are better speakers and it all comes to personal taste... except Wilson Audio... Can't stand them. Wilson survives on marketing hype.

I recommend setting them on heavy towels without spikes, and move them around. Have fun. Please share your feedback.
bjesian - thanks for sharing you're speaker progression. It's very encouraging obviously and makes me all the more antsy to have these baby's show up at the door. Not sure on delivery yet but it should be sometime next week.

Despite all the money and nice gear I've gone through in the past I don't consider myself an audiophile. I don't care about hearing peoples toupees move while they're playing the trumpet or even all that much about perfect sound staging etc.

As a former musician I just look for instruments to sound the way they sound. In this ridiculous industry that alone is seriously compromised until you've shelled out big dollars - and I know it doesn't have to be that way.

All this is to say that if the Parcifal O's sound half as good as they're supposed to - it should be the end of the line for me. Even the Cary speakers had me contented. Now if we can just do something about the power surges around here...

BTW why do you recommend towels instead of spikes?
Larrybou, I definitely recommend spikes. What I was trying to say is that I like to keep them on towels because I can easily slide them to many different listening positions. I have wood floors so this method works for me. After that I fine tune with spikes.

Good luck and I look forward to your opinions.
Larrybou , congratulations on your new speakers. I hope you enjoy them. Keep us posted on how you like them.
David Lewis Audio in Philadelphia sell the Verity speakers. Where you ever able to go there for an audition? Your are not too far from philly area living in the Baltimore/DC area.