2.0 Stereo speakers on a $2000 budget?

After finding this forum and looking around here, I'm not sure anyone has a budget. WOW! $35,000 speakers!
But, is there any advise someone could give me? I want to get a pair of good stereo speakers for $2000 or less.
I have a new NAD C 356BEE integrated amp. As well as a 30 something year old NAD 1020B pre-amp and 2200 power amp. I can use a vinyl source with the 1020B or other analog with both the 1020B and the C 356BEE. I had a Thorens turntable with a Lynn tonearm and cartridge but it got lost after the divorce.
My living room is 14' X 21' X 8' high. I like all kinds of music. Some of it pretty loud.
Help would be greatly appreciated or maybe I should just move along.
Thank you.
nadamp
$2000 would get you a great sounding NEW pair of Silverline Prelude Plus speakers and possibly leave you a few hundred to put towards a subwoofer (highly recommended though not absolutely essential with the SLPPs). That’s just one suggestion out of many possibilities - especially if you are willing to buy used. For others that might like to reply, consider describing the speakers you have now and what sort of sound quality and speaker type you are looking for. Obviously, explore the Audiogon marketplace and see what speakers are currently available in your price range.  Nothing (other than in home audition!) beats going to audio shops and hearing things first hand, of course.  Good luck in your search.
Thank you GhostHouse.
When I bought my old NAD amp and Thorens turntable I also bought a pair of KEF speakers. Those are gone too. But I bought them in Charlotte, NC at Audio Salon. It was like a big home. Rooms with furniture in them and a comfortable living room like setting. I sat in each room and listened to systems within my budget at the time. Those places are long gone around here now. Crutchfield, Best Buy and Amazon have put most of those guys out of business. So, I have to go on the opinions of others.
So, I bought a pair of Elac UniFi bookshelf speakers. High ratings by everyone but I didn't like them at all. I sent them back and got a pair of Klipsch RP-160M speakers. There is some good sound in there but the high end is extremely harsh. So, I'm going to throw some more money at the problem and see if that helps.
Thanks again,
Rob

Are you using a CD player as a source in addition to a TT? Some CD’s could be causing the harshness in your system.

The NAD C 356BEE outputs 50 wpc into 8 ohms and 4 ohms, so you should be looking for efficient, easy to drive speakers. PSB floorstanders are often paired with NAD amps.
PSB Imagine T are $2000/pair new and the Imagine T2 used might be within your budget.
I would recommend a "tower" speaker since your room is large enough which enables you to avoid the cost of speaker stands. The Silverline Prelude Plus would be my first choice, with some patience a used pair will pop up. JBL has the Studio 580/590 that can often be found on discount. Both speaker options(Prelude/580/590} should give you enough $$$ left over to purchase an entry level NAD/Onkyo/Yamaha cd player. If you must have vinyl the Onkyo CP-1050 is IMO the best budget table out there. Don't forget about cables!!! Signal Cable would be a great affordable starting point.