... abit confused: how does a power cord affect the presentation of sound...

Hello to all...

I was shifting around components in my system, trying to squeeze out better controlled bass, more definition within the soundstage, and better define the "voice/midrange" presentation...

I presently have a tube preamp (hardwired with a wall wart) into an HT Receiver; source is a Marantz SA-8001 CD Player

Swapped out a Yamaha HTR -5550 (hardwired) for a Parasound HCA-750A (which needs a power cord).

CD Player is powered with a PS Audio Statement SC power cord, so I went in my closet and pulled out another PS AUDIO Statement SC power cord, hooked it up and expect to give it at least 5 days continuous re-break-in before serious listening.

Took a minute to lookup reviews about this power cord - and I read some rather confusing reviews: some luved 'um, some liked 'um, but some thought them " ...slow... " (?), and giving a veiled presentation...

I'm gonna listen and decide myself - but I'm abit confused: how does a power cord affect the presentation of sound - I know that interconnects and speaker cables would/could/Do affect sound presentation - but how could a power cord?

Explanation/thoughts please...
insearchofprat
FYI, I’ve been comparing Anticables to my looms of very expensive MIT and Transparent stuff.  The Anticables speaker cables are stunningly good.  Transparent Gen 5 IC’s seem to deliver best source transfer and my MIT Magnum Digital cable is unbeatable for my BluOS Vault!  Their PC however is a tremendous bargain.
>Measurements do not tell the whole story. Play A note with a cheap >violin the meter will show 440Hz. Play the same note with a Stradivarius >the same meter will also show 440Hz.
>Verdict? Trust you ears.

The dominant frequency of both will be 440hz but the spectrum of frequencies will be totally different and absolutely measureable.
If a power filter is required (and it does!) buy a power filter.
It cost 1/5 of one of those fancy power cords, but filters much more than 5x a cable.
Any addition of an active electronic component, never mind how small, will add to the noise level... :) At least a cord add not a noise of his own being passive....Engineering is the art of trade-off...There is always a cost to pay if someone add an electronic component to the gear or to the system....What i say is about active filter, but passive filter is perhaps a good idea... I prefer my minerals and stones.... :)

Yes, i use passive minerals to filter my grid.... With success at peanuts costs...

I will not argue further because adult brain are opinionated and my goal was reach, hi-fi at low cost, and with only non orthodox homemade methods... I succeed... :)

If i had confidence only in measurements the cost to improve would have been way higher.... Happily i trust only my ears and play with the 3 dimensional embeddings of my audio system with my ears experiments guidance only... :)

« Dont ask if it is possible, create it» - Groucho Marx

« It dont take genius, it takes only time» -Harpo Marx
b4icu,
I have already said. Trust your ears. Measurements do not tell the whole story.
also...
please don’t get technical. I can’t help with that.