Affordable Grounding

My Frankenstereo has assorted grounding elements behind the rack.    The head end of the streaming chain is in another room.  At the wall outlet, there’s Nordost QBase 4 Mk II – with a ground lug.    

I tried this inexpensive grounding tweak clipped on to the lug.  Subtle – but it works.  More transparency.    Probably similar results with the Puritan Ground Master – and other brands.  Worth a try!  Certainly more affordable than an Entreq.    I purchased the cheapest one with the copper wire/paper cylinder.  (Not a fan of silver-plated wire.)

YMMV

steakster

Whew!!  A Lot of info here.  Thanks Jim.

My Rental has it's own drop from a pole on a side road, fed to an old panel that uses the round screw-in glass fuses, in the house.  Of course a meter is mounted directly on outside wall first.  

I know where the main water feed from the main house is, coming up from under house inside the bathroom vanity.

My Landlord, long passed, was the person(along with his Father) that built the main house first in 59-60.  Same two prong system.  Mrs. Landlord stayed in the house alone until she had to go to nursing home, where she still is at 94 years old.  I take care of the whole property, thus keeping the rent low.  For some reason their children want nothing to do with the property, but the eldest son is taking care of the $$$.  They are waiting for her passing, then sell the property.  The main house I believe has a ground rod just underneath the meter outside the main house.  So, if they had the sense to install a ground there, I would think they did also at my rental.

I'm not going start removing panels or hire electricians for this old place.  The Son will not either.  They do not want to put $$$ into this rental.  I do all the maintenance on the property.

I will disconnect the new ground and get back to the Forum with my observations.

Thank you for taking the time to share your professional advise.

Post removed 

Now I feel a bit awkward.  I DO have an old ground outside the house.

I forgot I had a Signal Generator from my telcom. days.  Hooked that up and lo and behold!!  A ground wire.  This wire I thought was an old coax cable turned out to be ground with sixty two years and many coats of paint!  Goes from the meter down to inside the crawl space, most likely to a rod or the water pipe.  It is at least 1/4 inch dia.

Thanks Jim for all the help.

Now I feel a bit awkward.  I DO have an old ground outside the house.

I forgot I had a Signal Generator from my telcom. days.  Hooked that up and lo and behold!!  A ground wire.  This wire I thought was an old coax cable turned out to be ground with sixty two years and many coats of paint!  Goes from the meter down to inside the crawl space, most likely to a rod or the water pipe.  It is at least 1/4 inch dia.

Thanks Jim for all the help.

ALL,

Disconnected my dedicated ground rod and do not hear a difference.  I installed that rod some years ago and had different audio gear.  Maybe at that time I thought there was a difference?  Any hoo, Thanks for all the help.

Lawrence From Michiganwink