Affordable SS that sound like Tubes

I was a 100% vinyl guy for many years. Due to maintenance cost and aggravation I switched to DSD after a lot of research and I have no regrets.

I am looking for suggestions on affordable SS that sounds as good as Tubes. 

Here's the rub. My Mid Monos were less than $2,000 brand new and they sound incredible. As does my Pre that costed me less than $1,000.

Integrated suggestions are welcomed.

And I would like to hear from people that had fine tube equipment and switched to fine SS equipment.

And please, no mention of "Tubes have Higher Distortion." LOL

T

128x128tonydennison

Probably one of the best solution could be a tube pre-amp as the Berning microzotl and a power amplifier of S.S. design which must be tube-like for this optimal pairing as any Sansui of the Au series are... ...

If i could i would have done it...But my Sansui alpha is an integrated with no separate pre-amp and amp function ... Costlier Sansui alpha are designed to be so...The Au 7700 too...

I just bought an Integrated Amp for my second system. No it doesn't sound like a tube amp , but it is detailed , has a great midrange , excellent low frequency control ....  it has it all .  Except the tube sound you are looking for.   

As mentioned previously I have a pair of Mid Mono.   It wasn't until I swapped my CJ pre for the incredible sounding Zesto Leto  that I fully realized how good they are for $2000.   

Maybe the Anthem integrated,  Great amp.   $4k plus.   Still not going to have the tone and meat on the bones you seek.  Great sounding amp though.   

Honestly , a really good piece of gear won't always allow you to tell what the topology is.  That Zesto is a good example.   It just sounded so effortless and beautiful.  It committed zero sins .   It was a transformative experience owning a preamp of that caliber .

This is my dream amplifier a S. S. one it is the top version of my Alpha 607 i :

Sansui Alpha AU-907MR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa2Y95eQjNA

@michaelalan 

Yeah...if it ever happened I would most likely keep my tube pre. Can  you tell a diff between class D and A?