Amp Stands - Wood or Stone

I'm in the process of relocating my audio equipment to a side wall and need to place my amps, AGD Audions, on something.  Floor is carpeted.  Stands will be very small and won't be supporting much weight.  I have access to granite, marble, etc. (next to nothing scape from remodel jobs).  Also, have pretty good relationship with a serious wood worker who is happy to cut maple, oak, cherry, most any hardwood, etc.  Cost is not really an issue just looking for an opinion / logic around which material I should use.  At this point, I'm thinking 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick walnut on some kind of cone / spike legs. Sorry for maybe a dumb question!

testrun
Post removed 

@noromance Many people, good listeners with excellent systems, are subject to that phenomenon. What you see and how you interpret it affects your interpretation of what you are hearing. We are all subject to this at some level. @kidbuck is right. In a formal AB comparison none of us would be able to reliably identify the subjects. The best way to evaluate a system's imaging capability is by relaxing in the listening position and closing one's eyes.

Kidbuck, I can't count the number of people I have pissed off and, "I Don't Care." I want to see everyone have a great system. Good equipment is not cheap and wasting money on things that in no way improve sound or function prevents one from getting that better amp or cartridge, things that do make a difference. You can't place an amp directly on carpet, so an amp platform does improve function, but implying that an amp platform improves sound quality means the individual has no understanding of psychoacoustics. Some audiophiles are bullying and rude. Keep doing your thing anyway. 

I like a thick solid piece of oak with recessed casters mounted on the bottom and you can move them around and they look fabulous.