Any real experiences with a Luxman C900u and C10x?

I'm in the market for a new preamp and have the M10x and am leaning to the Luxman C900u or C10x.  There aren't many dealers around me that have both for me to try and there doesn't seem to be much info on both online (i may not be looking in the right places smiley )

sdavada

+1 @ghdprentice on the sound attributes of Luxman.  I extensively demoed one of the Class AB Integrateds with Persona 7F speakers.  I was all set to take them for in home trial, but was disappointed in the harshness and lack of midrange warmth.  Unlike @ghdprentice, I drifted to the much more musial SS products from Audonet.  I find Audionet very much more musical and delicate, yet full and dynamic.  My thoughts continue to be that if I can get this sound without tubes, it is the way to go.

I currently have the C900U with mono M900U amps driving Focal Scala EVO's with a stereo pair of Rel 31's.  Have moved from Mac with B&W and SF in the past and greatly prefer my current setup. I have found it to be extremely cable sensitive however!  I stream almost exclusively with Tidal through an Esoteric N-01XD.  I was able to listen to both the C10X and the M10X at Axpona this year with Magico and decided that I would have to do a direct comparison in my room to determine if there is a significant enough difference to justify the upgrade.  For what it's worth the Luxman reps state the C10X to be the more significant of the two upgrades.   If it were me, given the attractive pricing for the C900U on the used market, I would consider giving one a try.  Likely not a significant financial risk even if you decide to eventually move to the newer model.

Also, not sure where you are located but I would suggest giving Albert Sportis at Precision Audio/Video in Chicago a call.  He is a pretty large volume and experienced Luxman dealer and may be able to help you with a comparison?

Plus 2 @ghdprentice, I bought a C900 amp as Jay and others were all about it 4 years ago. I burned it in, and in and in, but the sound was exactly as GHD reports. I had Wilson Sasha 2s at the time. I sold it within a few weeks and bought ARC 160m s. I have since moved onto a Gryphon Antileon EVO and i'm happy. That said I was told that you need to put Luxman preamps with a Luxman Amp which I did not do. So my story is incomplete.