Are tubes really “warm”?

Time and again I read posts that claim/assume that tubes sound “warm.” I have not found this to be the case. Having owned many high quality tube amps and preamps, I find that tube electronics present more natural highs than many ss designs. But warm?? Not in my experience. Can someone explain what it is about the tube sound that many consider “warm?”
cakids
Summarizing the responses thus far:
Tube fans believe that, relative to ss, tube electronics have naturalness of timber, fullness and air.
Haven’t heard from those who favor ss. I’m guessing that they believe tube “warmth” is a lack of musical dynamics and punch - although I, myself, have not found that to be the case with tubes.
I think we should retire the term “warm” altogether, except to denote preponderance of bass relative to treble, which either tube or ss electronics may exhibit. The stereotypical “Tube sound is warm” seems incorrect.
What I really found out in tube amps is you can never get great sound of Strat with solid state amps. The sound won't be warm at all. 
It depends on the amp and the speakers, and the era.

The way to design speakers in the top octaves has varied a lot over a few decades, from a rolloff starting around 7kHz, to flat, to ragged and exaggerated.

There were a number of amps which in the past would sound dead cold to me, old Audio Research, but which now sound more neutral and pleasant.