Audiogon seller's question

It has been a long time since I've sold something on Agon. I still buy quite often here, but usually sell on US Audiomart. That said, I have recently listed a relatively expensive pair of speakers and just received an offer through Agon. The buyer just joined and of course has no feedback. So it will for sure have to be Paypal, but no F&F. What is Audiogons role in protecting either the seller or the buyer these days? I would like to have a phone conversation for such a transaction, but I know that's not going to be allowed.

128x128ozzy62

My comment should end 'elsewhere' ... sorry, auto-word correction is not always an advantage.

Cheers...

Taxation is theft, plain and simple. But taxing a used item (that has already been taxed before) is theft X 2. And don’t get me started on recurring property taxes on automobiles and other personal vehicles that were taxed heavily when purchased. That is theft X 1000.

Different subject for a different day....

@inagroove

Again, if I sell a couch for $300, for example, I pay sales tax once the limit is exceeded.

Why would YOU pay sales tax on something YOU sold? In all retail, the buyer pays sales tax, not the merchant.

@inagroove 

"too many uninformed/misinformed folks with political agendas spread their BS"

Sad but true. 

Calling BS on excessive taxation shouldn't be politically polarizing. It should be common ground for all Americans.

@inagroove + 1

And I have NO common ground with anybody who says taxation is theft, pure and simple. None whatsover.