Audiophile Electrocution

On one of the company-sponsored discussion boards I read (for my brand of speakers), the head of the company is always warning us about power and how dangerous it is and how careful we must be. And we all read a lot of stern warnings about not opening up amps, about household wiring, licensed electricians and what not. I don't want to make light of this of this. But I am curious; do you know of any audiophiles who have been hurt or killed while tinkering with their systems? Have you been zapped?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin
I grabbed the power supply of my Cary preamp thinking my buddy had unplugged it from the wall. I wrapped my index finger over the detachable connection cord and nearly swallowed my tounge. 8 perfect pin burnmarks was a good reminder to slow down and not get excited about A B different audio gear.
years back i was drinking (heavily) with some friends when one of them noticed a cattle prod that i had sitting in a coat rack by the door,after i took it away from him he started saying that it wouldnt hurt a real man because it only ran on 9 d cell batteries,then he dared me to shock him with it because he could take it like a man.

after his second blast of crap about how he could take it i let him have it right in the chest with a 2 second burst,the shock knocked him out on his feet,he did a spin like a balarina,then on his way to the floor he busted his head wide open on the corner of the kitchen table,we all laughed :) except him :(

the moral of the story is that if your a moron dont f!*$ with electricity.
I got an ass whoopin' once for trying to play a pizza on my Dad's console record player.
Gunbei, my compliments to your dad. PS did anyone mention to pull the plug on your electronics before messing with them

I remember as a little kid, pouring BBs into my lamp socket and turning on the switch. Great show!
I also learned how to change fuses that day.