Aurender

Thanks to all that responded in my recent post regarding my digital front end!

Many of you suggested Aurender for a streamer. I have found a demo unit that will eat up the majority of my $5,000 budget not leaving me much money for a new DAC.

I thought it was the DAC that was the most important item in the digital chain.

Any thoughts on this? Thank you!

128x128navyachts

@oddiofyl - well, that’s awesome, thanks for letting me know!

Did you change any tubes on you DAC as per Terry London?

No. It’s 15 months old.   Has the original EH in there.   I’m thinking of getting a pair of JJ 6922.  They sounded great in my CJ preamp and don’t break the bank.  

I will probably get them from tube depot as a matched pair / matched triodes it’s worth the extra bucks and when I test them I’ll be confident they are as advertised 

@navyachts

Most NOS (non-over sampling) DAC are pretty darn good. And LAB 12 DAC 1 uses one of my most revered tubes. If you can score a NOS pair of Telefunken ECC88, you would be in musical heaven with DAC1/N200 pairing.

@oddiofyl OK, TMR has no stock. I sent an email to Mike Kaye at Audio Archon yesterday as he sells them, but no response yet. I also see a guy in Canada has 3 of them for sale. I shot him a PM and haven't heard back from him yet either.

@lalitk Hey, I'm starting to shake just thinkin' about it! I did order the DH Labs coaxial cable for now. I am going to need the extra $200 that they want for their USB cable to pay for all the electricity I'm going to use listening to this stuff 24/7.

Definitely deal with someone who has a decent return policy. I love how it sounds but at its price imake sure it is something you can listen to then decide if you want to keep it.

I have had people over that preferred the sound of the RME I had in the same room. After spending considerable time with both I sold the RME. It is great but it lacks that meat on the bones and great tone the DAC1 has.