Bookshelf or stand mount help please

Hi everyone.

I am buying my daughter an entry level system and am looking for suggestions on active stand mount speakers in the 1 k range. They will be used with a REL T9 sub. Thank you. 

Ron 

ronboco

@ronboco 

We have the KEF LSX II's setup on the KEF wall mounts in my wife's office and for their size they sound great, have good imaging, and decent bass. I purchased them used for around $700. The other option we looked was the  PSB Alpha IQ, because we are somewhat invested in the BlueSound ecosystem.

The KEF LSX II's are very versatile and the KEF Connect app is decent. 

KEF LSX IIs or SVS Prime Wireless Pro. I am not a Klipsch fan. The are too forward and harsh to the point they hurt my ears. The REL is a great sub if you already own it, but if I were buying I would consider the SVS Micro 3000 or the KEF KC-92 to match whichever speakers i had. 

I owned a pair of Adam speakers a few years back which I enjoyed. Made in Germany with a ribbon tweeter.

I have a NAD C340 (70 wpc) and a pair of Triangle BOREA BR03 listed on FBMP in Katonah, NY. Great entry level system for <$500

Vanatoo Transparent One here

Heard them at AXPONA 2022, kept returning to the room because couldn’t believe the great sound quality at such an inexpensive price so I purchased a pair even though I didn’t need. There are a few reviews also agreeing on surprising great sonics. Planning to give to daughter to use in her college dorm room.