Bricasti M3 vrs Meitner MA3

Narrowing it down as we speak.  Listen t R&R only, around mid 80's low 90's db.  Stream qobuz via a Windows 10 based computer, (very satisfied) and Cd's. Have some nice equipment, to compliment the title pieces. Last minute post before dinner. If I've left anything out, I'm sorry. Hungry!  Have a Meitner MA1 -V2 DAC in another system, and LOVE IT!!!  This new piece for another system,  Probably be my last DAC, getting older!!!!!! For the difference in the Money, of course the Meitner is more expensive.  Does anyone have a suggestion or experience with both units????  I may add a streamer in the future, unknown at this time.  Any help would be much appreciated. If anyone has another Dac in that price area that they have experience with, that likes Rock and Roll, please don't hesitate.  Thanks,  Robert TN

robshaw

OP:  @testrun is correct, you dont' HAVE to use Ethernet on your laptop, Wifi has plenty of bandwidth unless you are in a dense neighborhood.

testrun/erik_squires::: thank you both for your advice.  Sounds like, all I have to do, as I already subscribe to Quboz, Is hardwire Bricasti (Ethernet) Then download software app from Bricasti (M Connect I believe) once they all connect, I will be good to go. Once I receive unit, just need to read operating menu, for input for streaming.   Thanks again!    Laptop to chair as I don't own a I pad and begin streaming via Ethernet. Will let you all know, Thanks for the Education!!

Are you at a place yet, Rob, where you feel comfortable offering your thoughts regarding a comparison between your Bricasti and Meitner DACs.

Have had the Bricasti m1SE for a time now. (with network card) stream Qobuz via Audirvana. Sounds Divine. As I only listen to Rock and Roll, that is all I can comment on, honestly.  I would have to give the Edge to the Bricasti vrs the Meitner DAC. It seems  more refined and open, and detailed. I wish I could be more descriptive, just don't know the proper words to use.

Keep in mind that the Bricasti is streaming qobus threw its network card and the Meitner was steaming via USB from my computer. That may be the difference. The two listening rooms I use are completely different acoustically and equipment is different. The Bricasti has a far better display screen, as the Meitner is just individual lights. The M1SE Bricasti was more expensive. Keep in mind also, that the Meitner unit I'm using is not the M3,it is the MA1 V2 model. I can't comment  as to the sound of the Meitner M3. Both units you wouldn't trade in!!!   Both companies have been great to deal with, Meitner in Canada and Bricasti USA.  I wish I could have done side by side M3 Meitner via The Bricasti M1SE????  I believe the Bricasti is lifetime warranty, and isn't a toll call.  As I just received a Brand New Special Addition Tekton Encore speaker upgraded, (they are just burning in, 20 hrs so far) another big jump up the sonic ladder. I'm sure the Bricasti and Encore will enjoy each other. Sorry, I couldn't give you more, Hope this helps some. Robert TN     Ps  Both are great products

Don’t think Bricasti M1se vs Meitner MA1 is all that relevant. Why don’t you find an MA3 or Emm Labs dac2xv2 and compare against those instead?