"Bridge Over Trouble Water" sounds artificial

During the pandemic I've been upgrading my sound system.  I used to enjoy Simon & Garfunkel, "Bridge Over Trouble Water".  With my upgraded equipment the hi resolution audio sounds very synthetic, with one track on top of another, not like real music at all.  The voices are doubled and violins just layered on top.  On my same system, I played a live concert of Andre Previn playing Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue".  It sounded real and beautiful, like a live performance.  Am I doing something wrong?
aeschwartz
I'm in the $65K + range for my system and it is very well matched components and cables.  I have been doing this for a long time.  Trust, there are great sounding recordings, there are good recordings, there are not so good recordings, and there are terrible recordings.  Some reissues are good and some are fabulous.  It's all over the map.

mozartfan, by the way since you mentioned Carol King, the reissue of 'Tapestry'  by Mobile Fidelity, Original Master Recording, is absolutely fantastic.  That one you can turn the volume knob way, way up.  It has dynamic range, slam, and sonic bliss that will shock you.  Well worth the higher price for a MoFi edition.
No @simao, mm doesn't v. ;-) I do like Paul Simon's first two solo albums, though.
I was at my local record store today. I had some time so I leisurely looked at everything. I almost bought a couple of oldies I've had in the past and enjoyed feeling like I should really have in my collection again. Kind of must haves like Cat Stevens Tea for the Tillerman but I didn't buy because I listened to it so heavily in the 70's. I know all the lyrics to all the songs. I just don't think I can listen anymore. Kind of like The Godfather. I love the film but I've seen it one too many times. I enjoy discovering new artists these days.
“Bridge...” was definitely mixed to fill an automobiles cabin with a cacophonous sound that would overwhelm highway noise when driving 50 mph or more.  As for listenable in a hi fi rig?  N O