Can two subwoofers reduce a bass problem?

Hej

Once I tried to use a subwoofer in my system but my trouble with 48Hz and 127Hz got worse. Maybe I didn't tried enough to find the right place for the sub. Then I read somewhere that the use of two subwoofers could reduce the trouble with room nodes. Can this be true? Has anyone here experienced this?
simna
It's interesting that your able to narrow down the problem frequencies.

You should be able to get a decent low frequency presentation at the listening position with one subwoofer by locating your rooms greatest mode using the Crawl method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3oLLMgS-M

During this test you might want to map out all your rooms modes in the event you add multiple subs. 
For reasonably priced long interconnects check out Blue Jeans Cable or Monoprice. Good luck with it.
BTW, OP you never mention if your problem is a peak or a null.

If it's a peak, EQ is your friend.
@erik_squires 
48 and 127 are peaks and a actually have a dip at 70.
EQ; from where do I get an analog (I'm listening much on LP:s too) mastering EQ cheap? I can't ruin the sound with some cheap budget EQ.

A strange thing happend when I replaced my old Supra Annorum speaker cable to Kimber 8TC. Besides giving a more open, wider sounstage with a tighter bass the problem with the bass peaks also was reduced. Now it's more like the peaks has become more narrow.

I'm looking at REL T5i and REL T Zero and wonder if I get a better result with two T Zero than one T5i. With two T Zero I might counteract my bass problems a bit, but on the other hand I will not get a real low bass.
With a T5i I will get low bass but maybe it will increase the bass problem again.

My smallish room is not just a listening room so I can't just put four subwoofers anywhere and build bass traps or a Helmholtz.

Now I remember why I bought a new headphone amp and new headphones:)
I know there are a lot of advocates of multiple subs, something I will try one day.
But right now I have a single Martin Logan 10 inch sub complimenting my Maggie's and I think it sounds PDG.
Of course until I try two I will never truly know but I do believe one can work in the right room and set up.
Get a miniDSP equalizer on the sub only. You'll love it. :)

Don't try to fix the null too much. If it resists, leave it alone, but clipping the peaks and tilting the bass the right direction (peaking around 20hz, about 1.5 db/octave down after that) will be incredible. :)