Cerious Technologies Graphene Matrix RCA Interconnects and Digital Coax Cables

Hi all,

Has anyone used the CT Graphene Matrix Digital Coax Cables? Anyone believe 1M vs. 1.5M makes a difference in sound quality in a very good stereo system?

kennethwthompson

I used Graphene Matrix RCAs, XLR, Speaker, Coax and AES digital cables when they first came out. They’re very nice for the price, especially on the used market. It was at a time when I wanted something to compare to Synergistic Research Atmosphere UEF Level 3 loom about 4-5 years ago. The performance was nearly identical, and I found that the UEF Level 4 cables surpassed the CT and went back to SR.

While there was a lot of discussion back in the day about 1.5M Coax being better than 1M due to timing and skin effect/noise reduction, it doesn’t really matter these days if you have decent equipment / decent clock in your source. Cables have come a long way with shielding and geometries as well that the length is often better being shorter. I think you’d be better off investing money elsewhere and not on a longer coax cable. 

Thank you for your input! I just ordered a Boomslang from Snake River Audio, so I will almost have a loom of CT Matrix. This will replace a Cardas Clear Digital cable. I have had a "Wanted" ad out for a while with no responses for a 1M or 1.5M pair of CT Matrix ICs.. I sent an email to Bob Grost to see if they had any trade-ins but have not heard back.