Clipping with Separates with change of Power Conditioner[?]

I have two Furman Power Conditioners. The one connected to my power amp went out recently. Nothing I can do allows it to work. I replaced with a W-Audio AC Power Filter Power Conditioner - Power Purifier with Surge Protector. I initially hooked up the items for the Furman to the Filtered Plugs on the W-Audio. In playing songs that get to higher volume, the items driven through the Power Amp would go dark while the subs continued to play the tunes.

My Power Amp is Class D [NAD c268 being run at stereo = 80 WPC].  My Pre-Amp is a Naim NAC 272.

Is my assumption correct that this is a power amp issue or compatibility issue between the Power Amp and the new W-Audio Power Filter Conditioner?

northbeach

I agree with Audiotroy. I’m currently running an Ayon integrated tube amp and it was night and day better when I purchased an Isotek power conditioner. It was honestly sonically one of the biggest upgrades as far as sound quality. 

How much difference it will make for you? Who knows? Like everything in the audio world it’s a total crapshoot. I think it largely depends on the quality of the power coming to your house and the amp that you are using. 

Post removed 

Just a note, if you are playing loud, 80 wpc is not that much for some loudspeakers.

Alpha Audio did live stream testing of multiple power conditioners and found that their success varied greatly with the types of power issues they had at each location and varied with the components they were conditioning. Basically the takeaway was buy with the ability to try and return. Worth watching the video.

glen

@carlsbad2  +1.  I get no distortion or haze from high quality wall receptacle.  No conditioner in my future.