Decent SACD?

Guys, thinking to buy a first for me 'new format' source... Heard of some cheap ones, not very good things; about pretty expensive ones - they're too expensive yet :)
Are there any decent, recommended SACD (or DVD-A) players in range of $1500 - $2500, that also would be capable of really good CD playing?
dmitrydr
check out the Denon 2900 universal player. ive heard some good stuff about that. it also lets you do DVD-a if you so choose.
I second Brianmgrarcom's recommendation of the Marantz SA-14.

It is the source for my $50K+ system. John Marks of Stereophile and CD recording fame uses it as his reference CD player.
There are often great deals on it, on this site.

If you buy one, feel free to contact me for set-up recommendations.

Richard
As the owner of a Pioneer Elite DV47A, I'd recommend it only for DVD and redbook - it doesn't do SACD or DVDA that well. (It's not bad, but it's no better than redbook.)

You might consider the Shanling T200 which does 2-ch SACD and redbook, and it's (barely) in your price range. Nice tube sound.
Marantz DV-8400 Universal Player. Don't buy into the audio dogma that universal players cannot sonically do it all. This one can, in spades. Superior SACD, full blown DVD Audio, a pure digital out for transport, and HDAM circuts for all RCA SACD DVDA and REDbook connections . Pure discrete direct DSD chipsets , along with isolated 24/196hz DACs . Happy Listening.
Here's another vote for the Sony SCD XA777ES CD/SACD. You
can usually get a used one on A'gon for around $1,600.