Denarips and Vinshine split

Title correction* Denafrips

Alvin Chee on you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=iPMiniBbgK6x9_Su&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR28DZostBVrm3-lyFmRruk2D20l3ZwpO9Oj3mcNEhRnLYGa9maFLdyDAqc_aem_EjJ79wBt_x_4ZgonhrlADA&v=ksjgWvRLor0&feature=youtu.be

128x128fthompson251

sbayne

485 posts

Just go to AliExpress, search for Denafrips and you'll know instantly what "grey market" means and how it would destroy a reputable dealer.  

INDEED AliExpress has just destroyed solar panel install companies. I ended up spending just less than 10% of what had been quoted to $60,000 project that turned out to be just slightly North of $5k and with better parts/components.

It doesn't matter how reputable dealers are after all once you hit a nice deal for the same or even better quality.

Just remember dealer is just a third party leech that is able to brainwash customer. 

Those aren't Denafrips models made to Vinshine's specs being sold on AliExpress. Long ago, Denafrips decided to sell similar but different quality stuff to Musician Audio (the insides still had Denafrips stamped on some of their first run components) and Musician publicly bad mouthed Denafrips while doing it, saying they had R&D going back years when they were just a start up company exploiting Denafrips greed and the market that Vinshine helped create.

Denafrips also sells lessor quality spec'd units that look the same on AliEpxress. This is old news. Something tells me that Alvin (at Vinshine) had the screws put to him again so he's bowing out while not rocking the boat. I'm sure there's going to be another shoe or two dropping in the near future about what transpired.

All the best,
Nonoise

@sbayne

Minor correction: The $3549 price for a used Venus II 12th on Vinshine Audio is listed in Singapore dollars (SGD) - not U.S. dollars (USD). This is the default - you have to specify the monetary conversion at the top. In USD, this item is approximately $2644. (I only know this because I’ve been actively DAC shopping).

INDEED AliExpress has just destroyed solar panel install companies. I ended up spending just less than 10% of what had been quoted to $60,000 project that turned out to be just slightly North of $5k and with better parts/components.

It doesn’t matter how reputable dealers are after all once you hit a nice deal for the same or even better quality.

Just remember dealer is just a third party leech that is able to brainwash customer.

If you are a very large enterprise (Sony, Yamaha, etc) with too broad a portfolio, it makes some sense to have the middlemen.

Anything smaller should be all manufacturer direct...with no middleman leech leeching 50 to 80% for sending an email and shipping a box! The former sends the cash back over to the manufacturer so the guys who make the product get paid better, more investment in engineering r&d, etc, etc, etc

The leech adds nothing of value to product that sells itself on its own merit. If the manufacturer did his own promo, it sure as hell doesn’t cost as much as a lousy 50% that goes to the dealer leech (apparently, he did some promo bull).

I’d rather not go on a tangent and talk about real estate, the franchise mafias, etc. America has loved to reward the low aptitude middlemen a bit too much, just a bit too much (make him think he's real special everyday)...

Hifi is the worst offender...