Equi=Core 1000

I just bought an Equi=Core 1000 which will be here this Friday. I am currently using an Audioquest Niagara 1200 which I like but don’t truly love. So, I started looking for a new conditioner and found the Equi=Core on the Audiogon website. I read many articles about the 1000 and the 1800 and everyone of them stated how great both conditioners are especially with the new transformer. Many compared the 1000 and 1800 to conditioners costing $3k-$4k. Also, I chatted with Walter a few times before purchasing and he took the time to answer all my many questions. So my question is (even though it’s too late), does anyone use the Equi=Core, and if so, how do you like it?

thanks

128x128stevebohnii

@lowrider57 so I’m going to hook up an Atoll IN300 which is 150 watts per channel (total 300), Pontus II (DAC), Hermes (DDC), and a ifi Zen Stream. Walter said I should have enough wattage to connect all of them into the 1000. I have a Maestro duplex in the wall, so I might just plug the Atoll into the wall. I did order the Golden power cord and the upgraded duplexes. I find it very interesting how all audiophiles buy the same equipment and hear differently. For example, @gdnrbob had an older version of the Core and Deep and really couldn’t hear a difference. I hope that’s not the case with the current versions of both.

@gdnrbob thanks for your opinion. I do like the 1200 but feel like I’m losing a lot of detail and punch. I will do an a/b comparison and if I think the 1200 sounds better, I’ll have to decide what to do with the 1000.  

@stevebohnii 

I think you're fine running those components through the 1000. But what looks good on paper doesn't always sound best. So, use your ears and try the amp in and out of the Equi=Core. If you were running a mega amp with a massive toroidal transformer you would hear a negative effect using a power conditioner.

Looking forward to your impressions of the 1000. And allow time for breakin.

@larsman I should know better - sarcasm doesn't always translate well in print. What I was getting at, was, it looks rather suspicious that when it comes to marketing, a company (Core Power Technologies; EQUI=CORE) would choose to replicate the logo of another company that was initially the innovator of balanced AC power 22 years ago (EQUI=TECH), and who is still in business today. Hmmm, intentional?   

@dpop 

I always confused the two companies because of the similar name. Didn't know about the = symbol. That's no coincidence.

@dpop - Oh, it came through - I got your point. I was just suggesting you might want to contact Walter at Underwood Hi-Fi, as I believe they are the only distributor of these, and he can probably tell you about what's going on with the naming and possibly clear up some confusion. Or he might cause more!