Favorite 300B: Sophia vs KR

Which do you prefer; S.E.T. Princess 300B Carbon Plate or KR 300B WE Clone?

I've only experienced NOS 40's/50's WE so my expectations are pretty high. Which do you think captures the essence of the WE most closely? I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as possible so EAT is not an option, as much as I was blown away by their KT88. I considered current WE but they're not in production until Spring 2011.

-
sakahara
Charles1dad, same person was telling the same the guy I based my story on, so, its true:-(

Let us know pls.

Got RP's already?
Jwm,
If in fact there`re sonic improvement(not for certain yet) I agree with you.

I got the RP tubes 30 minutes ago and they`re warming up now. Well out of the box they sound very good! I`ll burn them in over the next 2 days and post early impressions this weekend. This tube is off to a promising start that`s for sure.
Regards,
"This tube is off to a promising start that`s for sure.”

Alright!!! Meat’s still on the menu :-)
I was able to find a quad of gently used KR 300B's to try in my VAC REN amp... so I'm out of the running for the mysterious megabuck Takatsuki's. A part of me is sad that I won't get to try them, but the money saved by going with the KR's makes it a bit easier.

If the Takatsuki's continue to get killer review's, I'll probably bite the bullet in a year or two just to see what I'm missing.

Looking forward to following the evolution of this thread.