Finally got a Luxman

So I’ve been at this hobby 35+ years and while I’ve had some good pre/amp tube gear from AR and BAT it’s all been used vintage gear. Good gear nonetheless but old tech (30 years in some cases) and finicky at that age. Though the BAT preamp has never had a hiccup. 

Today I got my first new high end integrated amp from Luxman, the poor man’s integrated, the L-505uxII.  I’ve always wanted a Luxman, but it’s always been out of my price range until recently.

I’m running it on a pair of Forte IV’s (technically Forte III’s that have the upgrade kit to make them the same as Forte IV’s).  Even though it’s got less than an hour on it, it’s blowing me away.  The tone is so smooth and it’s way more refined. .

I look forward to the next 100 hours to see how this thing changes.

last_lemming

Just enjoy the hell out of your Luxman!  I’ve owned so many Luxman pieces I really do not remember them all.  All were integrated amps except for one receiver, the 1120 A.  What a beast!  
So good to see them back from the abyss of Alpine ownership.  Alpine kind of wrecked them for some years.  At this very moment listening to the 509X.

I liked the 505uxii so much on my system with Klipsch Forte IV’s I got the 507Z (from Japan to save a few coins) for my system with Thiels. I’m moving currently so haven’t had a chance to put it in them yet. 

IMO, Luxman is the finest Integrated Amp money can buy.  A company with rich heritage, innovation and build quality second to none.  You made the right choice.  Happy listening.

@jafant Interesting, wouldn't think Thiel is a good match.  Just based on the their speakers being 4ohm, sensitivity at 86-90 range.  Probably sit at 3ohm territory when playing.  I feel Luxman is a killer with soft dome, high sensitive speakers.  When I paired it with the Silverline Sonata, I can say its my goto system when I want to do audiophile listening.