Halcro update

Maybe old news for some, but I just chanced upon this article that helped clear up some things about Halcro that I hadn’t known. I remember back in 02 and 03 how they were the big and new and exciting kid on the block and then they vanished and now I know why. I’ve never heard or had experience with her equipment, but their design was quite interesting and knowing the physics behind it, or at least the physicist makes it even more intriguing.

128x128simao

There may be marketing but looks like a pretty cool amp albeit very expensive. I doubt I'll ever hear it but always nice to see someone doing something different in hifi.

I remember reading about these and thinking how cool they looked and how much my wife would hate them because of their size.😁

Thanks for the update.

Roy Gregory did a review recently on gy8.eu where he said the new Halcro made his reference amp, the CH Precision A1.5, sound almost broken.

I remember when I first got into this hobby in 2002 the Halcro had just come out but had a reputation for being a bit clinical and sterile sounding. Apparently that not the case with the new one.

Its manufactured in my hometown, so I wish them great success. But its still the ugliest amp every made, IMO.

It wasn't Gregory but Christiaan Punter that said its better than CH Precision, my bad.