Harman Kardon AVR vs. Yamaha RX-V2400 ??

Hi--I am in the used market for home theater equipment and recently picked up a pair of Energy Veritas 2.4's as our main speakers. I am now looking for the receiver and believe we can only afford a single combined unit. I am considering the HK AVR 7200 and the Yamaha Rx-V2400. Since I have not followed audio for a long time, I am looking for assistance. Any suggestions with details as to the differences between these units? Quality of sound? Reliability?? Features?? Thanks for any help. Be Well, Dan
paradoxfunccf1

Showing 1 response by stevegibbsesq

I have the 1400's predecessor, the 1300. According to Yamaha's web site (below), the 1300 has a 192/24 DAC, so don't sell it so short. I also picked up an out of box Yamaha 3200 the same day (I have 2 different systems) I got the 1300 (each for $500) and they sound very, very nice. But I've never heard an Outlaw, so I can't compare.

192kHz/24-BIT DIGITAL-TO-ANALOG CONVERTER SYSTEM
The RX-V1300's vitally important digital-to-analog converters use an extremely high performance 192kHz/24-bit operation type. They perform accurate sound field reproduction for high quality multichannel sources, and for two-channel stereo, provide outstanding separation and precise musical delineation.