Here is an interesting artist that's new to me, and I wanted to share his music.

Jon Batiste is a musician Rok just introduced me to. From the first notes he played, I knew he was from Louisiana, with out knowing anything else about him.

Here's his bio https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Batiste

This is the tune Rok submitted;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCC1EEmJlo4

It was one I will eagerly add to my collection. I thought I would share this with other music lovers seeking new artists.
orpheus10

Before this country was even founded, there were "peasants"; people with nothing but their labor to trade for wages. Long after this country was founded, someone came up with the idea of "unions"; those unions enabled "common people" formerly known as "peasants" to earn much higher wages, to include medical and dental benefits. They achieved the highest standard of living ever in history for "peasants".

Along came "Trickle down economics" and union busting, plus "Right to work states"; no longer did plants have to pay those high "union wages"; they could just relocate in the South; you remember, that place where people worked for no wages at all once upon a time.

Yesterday "common people" AKA peasants had a standard of living high enough to live "The American Dream"; today, corporations earn the highest profits in history. I wonder how things got switched around?

Whatever happens, blame it on a poverty stricken, powerless, minority that's hardly surviving; that's the southern way.
So, rok, you said they didn't follow the "new work" once they were in the north.  I asked you where that "new work" was.  You said the jobs went overseas.

Thanks for making my point.
@rok2id 

"Give it a rest. In Texas we say, 'that dog won't hunt'.  There are folks in inner city America who have never known, or known of, a family member that has ever had a job.  Generations."

The more you post, the more we see who you really are.  Very disappointing.

Keegiam, thanks for this information;

"There are folks in inner city America who have never known, or known of, a family member that has ever had a job. Generations."

I didn't realize things have been that bad for that long, and just to think, President Obama gave banks and corporations Billion for bailout.