I'll welcome myself back after a brief hiatus

Well, guys I completely lost my hearing in one ear so I ending up putting all my stereo rigs in the closet. Then I started to think about a mono rig. I stacked my Lintons from my TV setup on top of each other and it worked out pretty good. So I ordered a Tekton Perfect Set 2-12. Mostly because its a big box and has the tweeter at ear level. Now I had something. I’m still playing around but I’m running with a Antique Audio six-pac and a cheap Parasound preamp for now. so far so good.

128x128russ69

@russ69 It seems to me you don't even have to go mono and enjoy panoramic stereo with just one ear. I've lost my one-ear hearing temporarily due to severe infection, but was still able to enjoy stereo and mono during that temp loss. 

Hey Russ, welcome back! Sorry to hear about the loss of hearing. Mind over matter my friend..stay healthy. 

Glad to have you back!  I guess most men of a certain age have one sort of health problem or another.  Or more than one.  Think of those early days before FM radio and you liked to ride in the car and listen to AM.  I myself loved it.  Beatles, Stones, Tommy James, Hermans Hermits etc. 

Hey Russ,

Glad to know your journey and that you are moving forward!

You may actually enjoy MONO recordings, I do...

"Harrison recalled in The Beatles Anthology, “When they invented stereo I remember thinking ‘Why? What do you want two speakers for? Because it ruined the sound from our point of view”. “We had everything coming out of one speaker,” the guitarist continued, “Now it had to come out of two speakers – it sounded pretty naked”.

Hey Russ good to see you back man. Sorry about your hearing loss but glad you can still enjoy the music!