Incoming ... Joseph Audio Pulsars

WHOOPEE!!!!! Today, I parted finally with my beloved B&W N804s in favor of a pair of JA Pulsars in the Sapele Finish. Using temporarily a pair of Target stands until the Sound Anchors come in. I only have a couple of hours on these speakers, but they image like crazy and the sound is exquisite and non-fatiguing. They are much better suited to my 10x10x8 room than the B&Ws. Will post a more in-depth review after they’re broken in a bit more. This has been SOME St. Patty’s Day!
rlb61
Yes. 

BTW, while I agree with you, generally speakering, some speakers are more sensitive to their source than others. The JAs are on the far right side of this bell curve. 
At long last, after years of waiting, I have finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Pulsars!  They are incoming! I currently have a dedicated music room with Focal Utopia Diablo III's powered by a PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premier HP amp and an MSB Analog DAC with volume control, and a REL Strata sub.  I am really looking forward to hearing how the Pulsars compare to the Focal's.  I am ready to see what the hullabaloo is about. :). All of my music has been digitized and resides on my server.  Roon is my media server.  Lots of jazz and classic (generally poorly recorded) rock.  I have always liked the Joseph Audio sound and have a pair of RM25XL's and Cinergy center in my HT setup.  So I am ready! :)
Motoman 

Great, let us know your impressions.

Those focals are very high end monitors too, if I recall.

I would suggest you don’t get overhyped about the JA Pulsars (I loved them!). By that I mean, I wouldn’t expect them to be a revelation on terms of detail vs the focals.  
You may even hear a more detailed sound from the focals - focal loves to push that tweeter you paid big money for :)

Rather it should be more of a “different character” thing.  The Joseph speakers have a certain super smooth, lack of grain that to many ears allows them to be highly revealing but in a non-etched, clear organic presentation.   I
preerred then to the Focals but of course that doesn’t mean you will like them better.   I’m certainly curious to read about your comparison.

btw, if you already have a great pair of focals, why did you go for the Pulsars?
I always wondered if you could build your own given they are Seas Excel drivers. IIRC Salk actually has sold speakers with the same drivers in the past.

I have a custom speaker with the Seas diamond tweeter and Excel woofers and wonder how they would compare...
@prof, the Focal's are indeed high end monitors and absolutely gorgeous -- very high WAF. I asked myself what I was doing too, but honestly, I have been hyped on the Pulsars for a few years.  Every time I see a pair of Pulsars come up for sale, I wonder if they meet all the hype about them.  I got a used pair on here for a good price, and I decided that I would put them in my music room (10x10x10) next to the Focal's and finally see how they are.  Since my tastes run to 40's-60's jazz and classic rock, I thought that they might have a smoother presentation.  I also have not seen even one bad word about them.  When I stepped up to the PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premier HP, the soundstage and imaging went up big time.  I am hoping that the Pulsars will be another step closer to audio nirvana!  Especially with the I will post my critical listening observations after I get them hooked up!