IsoAcoustics GAIA

I have IsoAcoustics GAIA II isolators installed on my Sonus faber Liuto floorstander speakers on hardwood floor. I expected some improvement and I got it. Bass is cleaned up and tightened. Stage became more clear because isolators removed a curtain made by unfocused, scattered bass. Floor and sofa vibrations almost disappeared completely. And... WAF is good. GAIAs passed my wife's inspection. Is there anybody with some experience regarding those isolators?

128x128tbiocic

@bigwave1  My post further up the page states I use the carpet spikes.  Sound better with them on my thick living room carpet.

Have Gaia III’s under my new KEF Ref 7 Metas on a hardwood non-suspended floor. At 64# that is right at the top of their weight limit but sound is clear & focused top to bottom. Important to note KEFs came with default spikes and padded discs below them should you not want spikes. If you’re in that situation M8 screw-in pads of some ilk would be go-to up front.  The disc under the spikes I would consider a design flaw. The Gaia suction pads are not much impediment for positioning but carpet slides would help should that be a big deal. Installing the Gaias properly require reading the instructions and doing it during unboxing if possible as easier with them head down. 

The ISO acoustic Gaia are pretty good but there's something that's even better called the Townshend podiums they isolate down to three Hertz and they stopped the vibrations from going into the floor and back into the speaker and your other equipment, people that have tried both have said that the Townshend podiums are on a whole different level better than the ISO acoustic Gaia they're not cheap but well worth it When I put them underneath my monitor audio platinum 200 G2 the sound improved to the point where I thought I had bought better electronics it was that significant.

@bigwave1 

I have carpeting and I do not use spikes with the Gayas. Rather I have the speakers on plain Gayas resting on a 1 1/2" thick maple butcher block. It really is helpful in maneuvering the heavy speakers while searching for the perfect placement. Just slide the butcher block rather than the speakers. And the sound is best to my ears that way. Win, win.

I will never know about the Townshend since they won't fit my triangular shaped speakers. Very large and very heavy, with their shape they could easily tip over on a Townshend podium,  even if they did fit.