JBL 250 TI or JBL 4425 please vote

JBL 250 TI or JBL 4425 please vote

I know those are two different speakers, the other has horn drivers and the other do not have those.
would like to know which the most people prefer ?
rademaker
'Loud and Proud' ha I love it, man.
The 250i has the reputation as being the best JBL speaker made (this is the one with 14" woof's, slanted side, right?) But the L-300/studio version are fun. I kinda have a 'love/hate' relationship with the midrange horn (same horn on my L-200's) can you say listener FATIGUE? maybe I need tubes with 'em
What type of music do you prefer? That will settle the choice. For solo instrument, jazz, classical the 250Ti's win hands down. No comparison. For a big rockin party I'd use the 4425's.
Xiekitchen,the angled woofer is the Everest.(Ha good luck,Pretty Rare)Believe it or not the 250 will get louder than most people think and still be very accurate and go very low. Don't EVER listen to someone who says Watts are all the same!!! Although my 250's are hooked to a Krell KSA 250,my baby Krell (KSA 100MkII)will not walk but CRUSH most amps that are rated four times its' output. Depth,soundstage,delicacy and SLAM is all possible with the correct amplifier. Hell even a Aragon 4004MKII sounds pretty damn good. What ever you go for, don't shortchange the speaker (or you)!! QUALITY power brings these toys to another level!!!
Krelladdict.. yep, you are right about the 'watts the same' I had a 50 wpc Forte 1a romped all over a SAE 200 watter for example..
To even the playing field to make a fair comparison I think the thread should have been the 250 TI's vs the JBL 4430. Now its two speakers of equal size and cost.