krell & merlin what next?

My friend just recently lent me his krell ksa150, to drive my merlin gen III. Prior to that I had been using a pass a40 which was very satisfactory, the pass is not very powerful but it is musical, I get engaged into the music. Then I got this krell and I noticed how the sound was effortless, there was no struggle , there was more power and thick sounding bass, high frequency was there -all of it, and it was detailed . But I wasn't engaged like I get when I use my pass amp. What amp should I look for if I like the power of the krell and the engaging sound of the pass? Parasound, joule, atmasphere, CJ mf2500a, ar, theta, berning, hovland, convergent. I am looking to get the best sound possible, I liked what I heard when I listened to JM Labs divas, kharmas 3.1 with joule stargate, dynaudio c4 and the mbl's $45k top the list thanks for looking.
pedrillo
If you can afford the Joule, go for it. Believe it or not, Quicksilver Mid Monos or the V4s would work real nice, too.
10s...the Merlins are in my bedroom for now. A great speaker but I feel after two years of tweeking,I had just maxed out what I could do with them in my room. I have had a deposit with Bobby for his subs for about two years and when I did not see his subs at CES this year, I knew it was time to move on to the next level. So far the MBLs seem to be a fairly large step up in my system. As a side note, the Bernings are holding their own against some strong SS amps in driving the MBLs.
While the Joule, Berning, CAT are all natural choices, there isn't one clear best for all. Read the archives, and you'll see many detailed descriptions of the relative merits of each of these combos.
I've got the Berning & love it, but if I had a bigger room and the $$$, I'd probably buy the Joule monos...Cheers,
Spencer
My Merlins sound great driven by a pair of Dehavilland 845Gs. A couple of dealers that I talked to who carry both the Dehavs and the Joules recommended the Dehavs with the Merlins.