Looking for Jazz emsembles with a guitar flair

I am a jazz enthusiast and looking for CD's that feature guitar passages and solos. I particularly like guitar phrases that echo the likes of Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery and some of Kenny Burrell styles. The Scofield style is not my cup of tea however.
Looking for your suggestions to add to my library.

Hugo
giorgioh
I know what you mean about Methany beig confectionary

Peterson's discs - Live at the North Sea Jazz Festival, and The Good Life

they feature not only Joe Pass but Niels Henning Ormsted Pederson (NHOP) a phenom dutch bassist who sadly passed away last year

anything by this trio or with Ray Brown is stellar

TOm
Pat Metheny or Al di meola. I wouldn't call this mainstream jazz more like fusion. Each has been rock solid for over 30 years. Metheny being sugar coated is one of the funniest statements on this forum. Try his earlier albums. {New Chataqua}
For something different, you might also try Nguyen Le - Walking the Tiger's Tail is his most recent CD and perhaps his best (IMO), but his other works are worth the listen. Nguyen the child of Vietnamese immigrants, was raised in Paris and studied the playing of Hendrix. Some excellent guitar playing on this CD. The CD also has the influence of Paul McCandless (Oregon) and Art Lande.

John
here is a long list of non mainstream guitarists. Go to tower records and search to find sound samples.sorry I don't have cd titles most of my shows are live concerts.

john abercrombie, will bernard, j.p.bourelly, fareed haque
miroslav tadic, michael brook, khalil chanine, larry coryell
marc ducret, david torn, ralph towner, steve tibbetts,
bill frisell, egberto gismonti, elliot sharp,
john mclaughlin, sonny sharrock, terje rypdal,
ernest raglin
Take a listen to Paul Motian's Garden of Eden, which feature the guitars of Jakob Bro, Ben Monder, Steve Cardenas.