Looking for my Final Pair!!

Been through the high end maelstrom for over 30 years and although I have enjoyed the ride, I desperately want to find speakers that exude dynamics, tone and presence.  I want to be transported to the Village Vanguard where The John Coltrane Quartet are performing any night I desire.  I want to feel the timbre of his sax 🎷. When I close my eyes I want to be enveloped by the atmosphere of the space and awash with the impact and emotion being expressed by the musicians.  I don’t want to hear what the engineers hear after they mix a recording...I want to be in the studio when the tracks are being laid down!  So far, Tannoy Heritage Arden have come to my attention, Klipsch Cornwall IV’s, JBL S4700’s or perhaps Spatial Audio X3’s?  Help
128x128dave_b
I have to agree with cliff12, even though he lobbed his billboard into a thread he has no interest in, as Ozzy mentioned, that at a certian level of committment the serious audiophile must get serious about the room. In my experience most well furnished symetrical rooms don't need too much, but if you don't have symetry your missing a large percent of the picture. It's always amusing to hear about cable nuances from guys that have one speaker in their bathroom and other in front of their dishwasher.
So still no comparisons to the Oragutans?     
@bjesien I agree completely.

You have to look no further than the systems page on this forum (and others) to see that some people don't have a clue how to set up a two channel system in a room. Throwing $$ at the problem by buying expensive equipment is not the answer. Room treatment and thoughtful setup and placement is key.

But cliff12 came out of left field with a post that looks suspiciously like a shill.

There's a SUPERB article in Sound and Vision written by David Ranada about why NOBODY has yet proven not only that either DVD-Audio or SACD are superior to one another, but that EITHER is (AUDIBLY) superior to regular 16 bit 44.1khz. In the article, they cite tests which PROVE that there IS audible difference between sound heard which contains "ultrasonic" frequencies (above 20khz, where DVD-Audio and SACD succeed, but cd fails). The test also proves that the differences heard were INTERMODULATION and HARMONIC distortion WITHIN the "audio band" (below 20khz) caused by the ultra-sonic content "beating against" frequencies below 20khz. In other words, (and this is something I've suggested and suspected before) when people hear "big differences" the nature of the difference is that systems which reproduce lots of energy above 20khz are generating LOTS of distortion products below 20khz, and it's the distortion products which we hear, and which cause some to declare that there's "much more detail, and air". When a crossover was introduced so that the frequencies below 20khz, and those above are being reproduced by separate drivers, the distortion disappears, and along with it the "enormous differences"!
Ozzy I think we all face the diemna on this site of trusting each others ears, experience, intentions and motivations. Now we have someone like cliff that adds a whole new dimension. Is this company his friends? This is one of the few industries where you can buy 10 large worth of cotton batting and velcro from a guy with a 1980's computer program and be considered a friend. I guess I'll look at his post favorably because there is some truth to it, but I'm suspicious. :) 
In the spirit of perpetual experimentation, I am getting a pair of planar magnetic ribbon super tweeters!  I will boldly go where most speakers have never gone before...to 40khz and beyond 🥸

BAT VK80i is coming today today