Love it when it snows

Nothing quiets things down like a nice blanket of snow. The roof is muffled, and the forest too. But I think there may be even more going on. Doesn't snow often here, but every time it sure does seem like the power is cleaner. For sure the listening is better. 
128x128millercarbon
The facts of DDT were already mentioned: banning it cost millions of lives.
And there, in this very sentence, you have it. Despite the facts of the situation at the link above disproving it, this zombie lie continues to lumber along, like locomotor ataxia, ever ready and willing to spread the lie to another, uniformed audience, in the hopes of someone, anyone, falling for it.

To think that that motivates one to do what they do.....

All the best,
Nonoise

And as for anything Tony Heller puts out: https://skepticalscience.com/search.php?t=c&Search=Steve+Goddard

The guy is a quack, but one of a soft spoken nature, meant to sooth and lull.

All the best,
Nonoise
DDT was never banned worldwide  only in the US when did millions die in the US from  this ban? 
Human activity has contributed close to 33% of CO2 since the start of the industrial  revolution.  Source NASA. 
Other contributors,  water vapor, methane,  nitrous oxide all caused by natural and human activity. We can't  control natural we can control human. 

Any treat, whatsoever the treat, never mind the treat, or the real causes behind a treat, the most important thing that eclipse all the rest, is a unifying collective consciousness with a common goal...Arguing about detailed precise causes is good for creating science, or destroying the topic on a forum, but a long way to the essential... :)

The snow flakes can ask about where comes the cold or the heat, or can think about the signification of their hexagonal form, the same form with not one identical tough...They cannot change the cold or heat phenomena, coming from their activity in certain zones, less in others one, but they can unite in thinking....Hexagonal geometry is universal after all...

Hexagonal geometry is best for sound....

Only some fact among numerous others :
http://www.morethangreen.es/en/brick-hexagonal-cell-new-geometries-against-noise/

I am back on the topic.... :)
Wow did this thread get derailed (even after an admin peepee slap).

In any event @jond it's currently snowing on the mountain 1 hr west of DC, hope we're still on to spin some tunes tomorrow. The good news is if millercarbon's next coming of the Cambrian Explosion happens we're 3 miles from the Mt. Weather Bunker...

Also... in an attempt to bring this back to the OP's comment- I completely understand what you're saying when I'm out doors/in the woods - the silence is glorious. Unfortunately inside we're beholden to HVAC, fridges kicking on, etc... I pay it no mind, those that can't enjoy music w/o complete solitude/prefect settings are never-to-be-happy crumudgeons.
More to discover