Love it when it snows

Nothing quiets things down like a nice blanket of snow. The roof is muffled, and the forest too. But I think there may be even more going on. Doesn't snow often here, but every time it sure does seem like the power is cleaner. For sure the listening is better. 
128x128millercarbon
@mahgidster, Oh, I do understand you as my contributions to this thread clearly show. To say that you believe in climate change and that the causes are not man made, is a political statement, since it's in the realm of politics that it is where the decisions to do something about it are decided.

Unifying consciousness has already been done. It's just that a minority of those in power, who stand to keep enriching themselves on an outmoded model of making money, still have the resources to entrench themselves in their endeavors, securing and ensuring their aristocratic life styles, at the expense of everyone else.

All the best,
Nonoise
You dont understand me...

We must change our way.... Not because it is only man made, it is not only man made, but we must change our way together now because it is the ONLY way to be conscious...

I am ok with those who want to change our habits, but the climate changes are way much more than only the results of our activity...The changes we are witnessing are only a beginnings of something much bigger...(One hundred years or fifty or whatever is tomorrow for conscious being) I say that for those who wanted to know, articles in science are there ….

My political statement is not: do not do anything because it is only the stars the cause... I am not an "economical" motivated ostrich...My political statement is: forget left and right, and unify in action to be conscious in the middle of these changes...I am not an apocalyptic prophet neither.... Because we must do TOGETHER something...But lying on the causes and narrowing the consciousness only at the human scale , being an ostrich or a prophet of doom, is not my way...

The question is not when doom will occur? It will someday nearer than we think probably,but this not what disturb me... The question is: how do we will feel being together at this time, more conscious or less ? This is what disturb my sleep this last question....

And this thread is a small scale version of humanity....

To say that you believe in climate change and that the causes are not man made, is a political statement, since it’s in the realm of politics that it is where the decisions to do something about it are decided.

These climate changes are not in their causes mostly human made, but humanity go in the wrong direction destructing his planet, we must change...But we must also understand at the same times the real encompassing phenomenon that worked at all scales.... Changing without understanding is not my agenda...And we must do the 2 things at the same time now, acting and understanding, because they are no times to relax left...

My best to you like always...
Dont take it this way....I was not saying that in this intended way against you or your understanding...I just want to make my position clear...

Climate change there is,

We must act together, to promote the survival of all ecosystem now,

But sorry it is not ONLY man made...

This is my point...

By the way I know that stupid men can use this point to promote their agenda that is: do nothing....

But truth is more important than political agendas for me...

Nonoise, i have appreciated all your posts and I apologize if I have hurted your feelings....My best....
One thing I know for sure, we should not all act together. If such a thing even were possible. Which it sure does not seem to be. At least if the 20th century’s pile of hundreds of millions of dead bodies that idea created has anything to say.

Or heck, even nature. Nature hardly ever does anything together. Nature wouldn’t even exist if it did everything together. It would be nothing but a vast tenuous cloud of hydrogen. Only when those simple molecules come together in a cataclysmic supernova do we get all the interesting elements on the periodic table.

One of the biggest problems with modern agriculture is when we grow just one identical crop all together its unstable. Just one pest gets in and multiplies and there goes acres and acres of food. Grow a lot of different things all together, encourage the natural competition of insects and germs and stuff, that just never happens.

Markets sure don’t work that way, all together now. Not at all. Planned economies where we all work together, besides the fact they only "work together" as a team of dogs under one whip, they just don’t work, period. What works instead? Free markets where everyone competes against everyone else.

So it is in the market of ideas. There’s a sickness rampant these days, an intellectual retardation bent on taking us back to the Dark Ages. A sickness that takes many forms. Deriding some subjects as "political" as if it were a dirty word is one. The root of political is "polis" the Greek city state known for its ideal form of philosophical discourse. Talk about turning meaning on its head!

Besides, even if it did somehow against all odds magically work, could you ever in your life imagine anything more intolerably boring? One speaker. One record. One car. One position: missionary. Yeah, even sex gets ruined.

And so I say, all together now: Compete! Argue! Its the only real way we have of getting along.
More to discover