Maggie owners (past, present, future) what do (did) you love and or dislike about them?

I've always owned dynamic speakers, but I'm ready for something different. I remember about 15 years ago auditioning a pair of Maggie's at a small shop on the Plaza. Don't remember the model but I was astounded by the clarity. Couldn't afford them then, had 2 kids in college. Presently own a pair of Monitor Audio Gold 300's and they're very good speakers, but I've been reminiscing about the clarity of those Maggie's and I want a pair of the 3.7i's. Those of you who have experience with Maggie's let me know your love (hate) relationship with them. My room is 17 x 15 with a sloping ceiling up to 10 feet. Is that enough room for the 3.7i's to perform at their best?
mewsickbuff
+4... for the PG Magnestand Maggie 1.6’s, which I have also. His mods do resolve the weaknesses of Maggies, which are dynamics and bass - they add dynamics, bass and resolution. And yes they are best with all things acoustic - jazz, classical quartets, country, cellos, violins, guitars, piano, sax, trumpet, vocals, etc. Diana Krall never sounded better.

So... Mye stands, or similar, and upgrades in the crossovers are likely required to achieve similar improvements.

About as close as you will get to the ESL 57’s - if - acoustic sounds is your thing.

Or... you can go the Open Baffle (OB) route - Emerald Physics, Spatial Audio, Linkwitz Orion / LX521, Legacy Audio, Nola route and have the Maggie sound on steroids - with much of the same sound as the Magnestand Maggies. Most of these will cost more. Or, of course, some of the GT Audioworks planars are superb, but pricey.  I omit the Golden Ear products because, while they have great ribbon tweeters, their bass and mids are veiled - they’re really meant for home theater sounds, not great 2 channel, audiophile sound.

Most of these alternatives will do better with rock, and similar sounds.

If your into acoustic sounds, and have a limited budget, and limited room size, its very hard to beat the lower end Maggies. But for a little more, you can have most of the Maggie mids and soundstage, with dynamics and bass with the OB alternatives, with a wee bit less, clarity and resolution. Or... for a bit more you can have it all with the Legacy Audio Aeris - which almost nothing can match at any price. Your choice.
My Maggies had a big sound, maybe even slightly bigger than my electrostatics.  They were far from accurate, missing even more treble than the 'stats.  The bass sounds contrived, not natural.  My hybrid 'stats were even worse until I found the right subs to change out.

A pal has huge Maggie panels that fold in such ways that they bounce sound everywhere worse than Bose.  Even with his great Mark Levinson power, these speakers are really a waste of money, except to impress non-audiophiles, but you can do that with old 901 Bose.   
@mewsickbuff have you decided yet?
If you still need opinions I can write about my experience with MA gx300, Magnepan 1.7 and 3.7.
@rpmartins1, I'd really like to hear about your experience, especially comparing the 3 speakers you mention. Right now, I'm still listening to my MA Golds. But thinking a lot about a pair of OB. 
Hi! 
So here I go. I´ll write like a report to be easier for me to write.

Before buying my system I tried at home MA GX300 and Magnepan 1.7 in real time comparison.

Room positioning:
I´ve a dedicated listening room, so I could choose to position the 1.7 wherever I felt it sounded better; in this case against the short wall. If I was limited to the long wall, I wouldn´t have bought them for any price, but I´d stick with the GX300 with no doubt. This description to point the importance of the placement in a room and that you shouldn´t buy a pair without a  audiotest "not at you home" but "at you audio room".

Subwoofer  (sub-bass system):
 Gx300 are much easier to set in place than 1.7 and are fantastic speakers. But, in my room, 1.7 plus REL T7 sounded a bit better for the same price. 
I can´t think of 1.7 without sub and not only for the bass.The REL sub improves bass, and is determinant to the overall sound of the 1.7, removing some constraint, but expendable with GX300 as you may well know. 
One more time, positioning a sub isn´t always easy.

Amp:
Your Primare amp is good for GX300 and can make 1.7 sing well, but it´ll be on their limit. I´ve a Bryston 4bsst2 that suits them much better.
However you´re thinking of Magnepan 3.7i...

I compared the 1.7 with 3.7 just for fun as the last are much more expensive. First thing that stands out: the 3.7 are even more dinamic than 1.7, but even much more power hungry. Neither your Primare nor my Bryston could drive them with "enough breath".

In conclusion, In my opinion you have a wonderful system and if you have the itch for maggies, try them at home. If you go for the 3.7i, you can use your amp for sometime and, with time, choose something you like similar to Bryston 7b3.
If I was buying a system now for my audio room, I´d buy again Magnepan+Rel, but if I was buying for any other room at home, I´d probably choose something like MA gold300 or Proac of simillar range.

Hope you find my experience useful. 
Please ask, if you think I can help.