Magico S5 vs Tannoy Westminster Royal SE

Hello, I need some opinion about these 2 speakers. I plan to acquire one of them.
Anyone who owned or tried these speakers please share your experience.

I won't be looking for any other brand.

I will use VAC sigma 160i to drive the westminster
Vs
Hegel H30 Stereo to drive the Magico S5.

Thank you.

Regards,
aprica
Forget measurements - you hear music - not measurements

Sorry mate, but you lost me there.
You do understand the difference between listening to “music” and listening to “music reproduction”, right? If you do, you then must agree with me that what will determine how “real” and enjoyable our experience will be is how accurate the system that reproduce it. It is very simple you know. If we can’t agree on that, I don’t see the point of any further discussion.
Melbguy - I ask you to look at what I said.

I acknowledged even for products I am positive towards some don't like them, and was very concerned some were not saying what they thought because they were intimidated by people like me.

These days I try very hard to be even handed and get people to forget what those positive or negative towards a bit of gear think.

Regarding this thread I pointed out I prefer the Tannoy, but deliberately refrained saying why. I even pointed out my view meant nothing. You must hear them and make up your own mind.

I really do feel, compared to some in this thread, I have been very fair. The last post I did was a distillation of many years experience listening to gear. I pointed to a review you never see, one where one person pans a product, and another is the exact opposite to get the point across.

To be blunt I believe my comments were very neutral and unbiased.

Thanks
Bill
Bill, equally go back and re-read my comments. I agreed with some of what you said. I further acknowledge you have a lot of experience in audio & enjoy many of your contributions, but when your posts inevitably return to how Lenehan speakers are equal to, if not the best sounding speakers in the world, and that tubes and diy gear beats $30 and $40k Vitus, Dartzeel etc, I lose interest and walk away. Its like cars..you can get a top engineer and modify a Subaru as much as you want..it will never be a Porsche. It will just be a very good Subaru.

I pointed to a familiar theme in most, if not all of your posts going back several years promoting Lenehan. Here are some examples on a quick skim through..

Its all in how you react to what you hear. Check out the following review of exactly the same speaker to see what I mean:
www.stereomojo

BTW they were my personal speakers that were reviewed and I obviously side with the speaker builder.

Just as an aside those speakers are quite famous here in Australia, with many like me liking them a lot. But it wasn't until that review was published quite a few people came out of the woodwork saying they sided with the Audio Engineer, but were intimidated by the loyal following it had and were afraid to say anything.
Mbovaird, thanks for the info. I guess try the supertweeters if you want to...:D
Bill, to be fair I haven't heard your speakers & so I don't know why you have such big wraps on them, so i'll make you a deal. I'll make a time to drop over & hear them with some familiar music (easy to do if you live in Victoria, otherwise i'll have to wait until probably early next year if you live interstate when I can free up some funds to take a flight). Good cheer promised. Then atleast I could understand why they invoke such passion. And if you have an open mind to the Devil (Magico) you're also welcome to drop over any time & hear my system.

Rgds,
Bodhi