Magico speakers too clinical and fatiguing?

A while back I was very enthusiastic about these speakers. They look nice and supposedly supposed to sound very nice. I’ve heard them a few times and the level of precision and accuracy is very good. But is there too much science going on to create the speakers that makes them at times a little uncomfortable to listen to for more than a few minutes.

Are modern age speakers going nuts with all the science?

emergingsoul

My experiences with Magico have been very similar. Their accuracy continually highlight the shortcomings in the input components. With Luxman and other solid state equipment I have wanted to run out of the room. But it was simply clearly reproducing flaws I had heard in the input components with different speakers. I continue to think that with the right components (very high quality tube equipment) they could sound great for those folks wanting a highly detailed sound.

Speakers are super subjective. As with all speaker brands, Magico has it’s own signature sound. However, after hearing Magico speakers on several occasions, I find myself preferring their A and S series over their top of the line M series. Why? Because I find the A and S series to be more musical and less dry sounding than their M series. I believe that the real magic, and the real value within the Magico line is in their A5 speakers. The Magico A5 full range floor standing speakers do it all, and are all the speaker most audiophiles will ever need. Simply amazing!!!  Happy listening.

I find all of the Magico series to be way too clinical for me. I have Joseph Audio Pulsars, and they sound terrific. You may wish to demo them, if possible.

The upstream components are a huge factor in the resulting sound.  One of the best systems I’ve ever heard had Magico S5MkII mated with Convergent electronics.  There are lots of variables, but their sound can be superb.

@kennymacc +1 on the A5.  They truly sound amazing and I believe many could live with them long term.