Martin logan CLS II Vs Magnepan 1.7

Hello
I currently Own the Logan and love the Midrange and high frequencies the presence and imaging is amazing however as im listening to more rock and roll I miss some of the dynamics or kick that the CLS cant reproduce.
I have heard great things about the Maggies and I am wondering if they will do a better job for me.
So I am asking for your opinion before I attempt to swap these, my next question is just how much are the Logans going for lately I would need to sell them locally since I dont have the boxes?
as always any advice is greatly appreciated
Thanks
dinkylink
Thank you I do have a Rel subwoofer in the mix but I feel I'm still missing mid bass punch...
there's a reason they don't make the CLS anymore, and Maggies continue to make newer versions of the QR, now R, models.

The Maggies are a much better speaker.
Johnk, Then you didn't hear them properly set up. They need a lot of power. Wyred4Sound ST-1000 gives the 1.7's dynamics and bass that will make you think there is a subwoofer. 4 CLS 2Z's and 4 Descent subwoofers? I'm sure Gayle Sanders would be impressed.
Owner was running MF Kilowatt amps on 1.7S its a fine loudspeaker but its dynamic capabilities due to panel area are not greater than CLS2. And this is what the poster is referring to. Toss in Dipole effect and OB size. Bass- Midbass is going to suffer its just part of the design compromise this size panel with this amount of surface area this amount of power handling and excursion, toss in OB with Dipole design and that's just the way it is mate, read up on Open baffle, dipole effect, loudspeaker design and you will agree. This doesn't mean 1.7 isn't a good loudspeaker or that the bass isn't usable its just not perfect as are all things. OBs in general can not pressurize its just the nature of the OB dipole design. Bass frequency or midbass are limited by size of baffle. The rear wave will cancel the front the distance the wave travels is the frequency cut off. All OB suffer from this doesnt mean they are not good loudspeaker. The ML multi CLS system is owned by member Yada he also runs dual ML center C. And one of our giant KCS bass systems with 31.5 in woofer. His homes giant.
No need to read up on designs. I use my ears. If we are comparing Magnepan 1.7's to Yada's system we are not comparing apples to apples, are we. I admit Martin Logan CLS's are interesting speakers to say the least. I thoroughly enjoyed the CLS's during the time I owned them. However, their sound has very little to do with the sound of music. It is more of a hifi extravaganza, not to mention the fact that they do not have any usable bass in most systems and in most rooms. The dynamics the CLS has is in a very narrow window of the upper midrange. The Magnepan 1.7 is not the best speaker in the world, but it out classes the CLS by a mile in terms of sheer musical enjoyment. Sales of these two speakers tells the story. There are very few speakers considered to be a best buy and Magnepan is one of them. The merits of the CLS are still as controversial as they were on day one. What the CLS does have is looks. I have thought many times about taking another stab at the CLS's, but I decided not. With all of their system matching problems, clogged diaphrams and the rising cost of replacement parts the CLS is a very risky purchase.